The New Americans Micro-loan Program was developed by The International Institute of Connecticut in a partnership with Community Capital New York to provide low interest consumer loans to the refugees and immigrants IICONN serves.
The loans will provide financing for activities that help the participating refugees and immigrants become more economically self-sufficient, establish a credit history, and use the lending experience to create long term traditional banking relationships.
The purpose of the program is to provide a consumer loan product that uses untraditional forms of credit history to underwrite loans.
The loan is for:
· Business Expenses
· Citizenship fees
· Education and training
· Credit building
Benefits of the Program:
· Provides affordable financing
· Can help establish or build credit score
· One-on-one access to IICONN staff for budgeting & credit assistance.
· Currently employed or have a stable source of income
· Refugee in the country for at least one year
· Proper documentation to show credit worthiness
· Successful application form submission and CCNY Loan approval
To Apply or For More Information, contact:
Daniel Golenbock, Financial Empowerment Manager
Phone: (203) 336-0141
Made possible through the generous funding of
Citi Community Development